Telecom Egypt and Juniper Networks Partner to Enable Digital Transformation for Egypt’s Enterprises
Companies Building Fast, Secure and Reliable Network for Residential and Businesses Across Fixed and Mobile Services
CAIRO – June 19th, 2019 – Telecom Egypt (EGX: ETEL), Egypt’s first integrated telecom operator, and Juniper Networks, (NYSE: JNPR) a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) this week in Cairo further cementing Juniper’s position as a strategic technology provider for Telecom Egypt. This MoU will highlight the companies’ intent to scope the Egyptian business landscape for shared opportunities to provide IP-based, high-performance networking solutions to enterprises. Telecom Egypt will also have the option to become an authorized resale partner of Juniper’s technology solutions in Egypt.
Furthermore, Telecom Egypt, the country’s longest established and most prominent telecom operator, is also upgrading its own network infrastructure to include Juniper Networks MX Series 5G Universal Routing Platform, QFX Series Data Center Switches and SRX Series Next-Generation Firewalls. This will create a secure, high-capacity infrastructure from the core and data centers to the network edge and is uniquely designed to carry fixed, mobile, voice and data services traffic for domestic and business connectivity, including 5G services when launched.
- Egypt is increasingly focused on digital transformation with the Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT), announcing a four-step strategy,ICT 2030, to support new ICT initiatives that will help to drive the country’s economic growth domestically, regionally and internationally.
- With the ongoing drive around digital transformation, it is expected that Egyptian enterprises will have increased demand for best-in-class networking solutions, services and professional support to help create fast, secure business infrastructures.
- Telecom Egypt’s new network is being built using numerous routing, switching and security solutions from Juniper, comprised of Juniper Networks® MX Series, QFX Series and SRX Series.
- Telecom Egypt has deployed Juniper’s single operating system, Junos® OS, simplifying and streamlining operations.
- Juniper is also providing a range of professional support services to Telecom Egypt to help plan, build and operate its network infrastructure.
“The opportunity to agree to an MoU with Juniper and explore the business market potential for transformative networking technology is very exciting for Telecom Egypt as it seeks to pioneer innovation in Egypt. Telecom Egypt appreciates the collaboration with Juniper Networks because Juniper’s technology is highly reliable and scalable and it also provides an excellent return on investment. It’s a key partnership for us on the journey to help deliver our strategy toward digital transformation and specifically for Egypt’s enterprises.”
- Adel Hamed, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Telecom Egypt
“Digital transformation in Egypt is moving at an extremely fast pace, setting an impressive example for other emerging markets to follow. Telecom Egypt rightly views network infrastructure as a strategic asset that helps to underpin and shape the country’s economic development, while enabling individual enterprises to differentiate and grow their businesses. Coupled with the high caliber of ICT talent available in Egypt, I am confident that this approach will drive great success. Juniper is extremely proud to be a long-standing partner of Telecom Egypt.”
- Rami Rahim, Chief Executive Officer, Juniper Networks
About Telecom Egypt
Telecom Egypt is the first total telecom operator in Egypt providing all telecom services to its customers including fixed and mobile voice and data services. Telecom Egypt has a long history serving Egyptian customers for over 160 years maintaining a leadership position in the Egyptian telecom market by offering its enterprise and consumer customers the most advanced technology, reliable infrastructure solutions and the widest network of submarine cables. Aside from its mobile operation "WE", the company owns a 45% stake in Vodafone Egypt. Telecom Egypt’s shares and GDRs (Ticker: ETEL.CA; TEEG.LN) are traded on The Egyptian Exchange and the London Stock Exchange. Please refer to Telecom Egypt’s full financial disclosure on ir.te.eg
For more information, contact:
The investor relations team
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net), or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.