Juniper Networks Wins Top Awards at Interop Tokyo 2016
Juniper's Cloud CPE Solution, QFX10008 Spine Switch and the Newest Line Card for the MX2020 3D Universal Edge Router Triumph at Prestigious Awards Ceremony
June 13, 2016
TOKYO, JAPAN--(Marketwired - June 13, 2016) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that it has captured multiple awards at Interop Tokyo 2016, spotlighting the company's continued commitment and success in delivering networking innovation focused on performance and automation.
Building on Juniper's long-running track record of awards success at Interop Tokyo, the company took home a record three "Best of Show" awards at Interop this year:
- Grand Prix award for the Cloud Platform category: Juniper Networks QFX10008 future-proofed spine switches, featuring industry-leading scalability, density and flexibility for cloud data center deployments.
- Semi Grand Prix award for the Carrier ISP Networking category: The Juniper Networks MPC9 line card, for use in the Juniper Networks MX2010 or MX2020 3D Universal Edge Routers.
- Jury's Special award for the SDN/NFV category: Juniper's Cloud CPE solution, comprising the Juniper Networks NFX250 Network Services Platform, a vital component of a Universal CPE platform and Contrail Service Orchestration.
In addition, the Juniper Networks MX240 compact edge router and the Juniper Networks QFX5100 data center switch were also recognized with the "Best of ShowNet Award" Grand Prize, for significant contributions to the Ethernet VPN (EVPN) infrastructure at the accompanying exhibition "ShowNet."
Selected by a prominent judging panel of industry executives and experts, Juniper's products were chosen as award winners among hundreds of nominations from across the industry -- continuing Juniper's proud tradition of receiving consecutive 'Best of Show' awards at Interop Tokyo since 2007.
Expected to attract over 140,000 participants in total this year, Interop Tokyo is renowned for being a top global business technology event, showcasing the very latest in cutting-edge networking products, solutions and services from vendors across the world.
Juniper Networks Cloud CPE solution featuring the
- A high-performance, secure and software-driven network services platform for carrier managed services and enterprise branch deployments.
- Field-proven Juniper technology, including carrier-class architecture and Junos® operating system, enables the NFX250 to provide carrier-grade reliability for every application.
- The first in a series of network services platforms that can be operated as a secure, on-premises device capable of running multiple virtual network functions from Juniper Networks and third parties.
- Using Contrail Service Orchestration for integrated automatic discovery and setup provisioning, the NFX250 supports distributed and hybrid Juniper Cloud CPE deployment models.
- Contrail Service Orchestration delivers flexibility, intelligent automation and always-on reliability for cloud and NFV -- from network virtualization and automation to turnkey integrated cloud management platforms.
- Industry-leading scale (up to 96 Tbps, scalable to over 200 Tbps in the future) protects investments as cloud data centers grow.
- Multi-dimensional performance improves application performance, while eliminating performance trade-offs across physical, logical and overlay networks.
- Multi-generational scalability provides investment protection through seamless transition from 10GbE to 40GbE, 100GbE and, in the future, 400GbE.
- Powered by the latest-generation Juniper-built programmable Junos Trio chipset, the MPC9 offers extremely high 10GbE, 40GbE and 100GbE port densities with line-rate performance.
- Industry-leading 1.6 Tbps of throughput per slot, enabling a single MX2020 to scale to 32 Tbps of throughput.
- Future-proof, with a built-in migration path from 10GbE to 400GbE when the optics become available.
- Features advanced flow-based forwarding functionality to support application and policy based traffic steering and service chaining, allowing the MX Series to seamlessly integrates with evolving SDN and NFV solutions at fixed and mobile, content and cloud providers.
"Receiving three 'Best of Show' awards at Interop Tokyo is quite an honor and testament to Juniper's commitment towards driving networking innovation, as we continue to build future-proof networks of tomorrow for the leading businesses of today. We are honored to receive the prestigious awards for our industry leading data center spine switch, our innovative Cloud CPE solution, and our latest high capacity line card for our flagship MX3D routers. We appreciate the broad industry recognition of Juniper's commitment towards delivering products, solutions and services with industry-leading performance, automation and reliability."
-- Mike Marcellin, chief marketing officer, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.