Juniper Networks Named as a 2014 World's Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute
Fourth Consecutive Year Juniper Is Recognized for Demonstrated Leadership in Ethical Business Practices
March 20, 2014
SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 20, 2014) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, announced today that it has been recognized as one of the 2014 World's Most Ethical Companies® for the fourth consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute, an independent center of research promoting best practices in corporate ethics and governance.
- 2014 honorees represent 41 industries, 22 countries and five continents. Juniper Networks was recognized as an organization that outperforms industry peers when it comes to promoting ethical business standards. Scores are generated in five key categories: ethics and compliance program (25%), reputation, leadership and innovation (20%), governance (10%), corporate citizenship and responsibility (25%) and culture of ethics (20%).
- This honor is exclusive for organizations that not only promote ethical business standards and practices internally, they also continue to raise the bar on ethical leadership and corporate behavior. The World's Most Ethical Company honorees understand the correlation between ethics, reputation and daily interactions with their brand and that the award belongs as much to their associates as it does to them.
- The World's Most Ethical Company assessment was based upon the Ethisphere Institute's Ethics Quotient™ framework, which has been developed to provide a means to assess an organization's performance in an objective, consistent and standardized way. The methodology for the World's Most Ethical Companies includes reviewing codes of ethics, litigation and regulatory infraction histories; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; and looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship.
- This is the eighth year Ethisphere has published the World's Most Ethical Companies rankings. The full list of the 2014 World's Most Ethical Companies can be found at http://ethisphere.com/worlds-most-ethical/wme-honorees/.
"The entire World's Most Ethical Companies community believes that customers, employees, investors and regulators place a high premium on trust and that ethics and good governance are key. Being recognized for the fourth consecutive year, Juniper Networks has proven to be a fixture of success for this award, which is a direct reflection of the company's commitment to ethics and dedication to integrity within its respected industry. We congratulate everyone at Juniper Networks for this extraordinary achievement."
- Timothy Erblich, chief executive officer, Ethisphere Institute
"It is an honor to be recognized as one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical companies for four consecutive years. As a networking leader, Juniper's dedication to building high-IQ networks and best-in-class cloud environments for our customers depends upon the commitment of our employees across every level of our global organization. We are proud that our people consistently demonstrate Juniper's core values of operating with the highest of ethical standards, and we are proud to be honored for our mission-driven culture of excellence."
- Mitchell Gaynor, executive vice president, general counsel and secretary, Juniper Networks
About Ethisphere Institute
The Ethisphere® Institute is an independent center of research, best practices and thought leadership that promotes best practices in corporate ethics and governance and enables organizations to improve compliance, mitigate risk, and enhance relationships with employees, business partners, investors and the broad regulatory community. Ethisphere evaluates and benchmarks compliance and governance programs, honors superior achievement through its World's Most Ethical Companies® recognition program and publishes Ethisphere Magazine. Ethisphere is also the leading provider of independent verification of corporate ethics and compliance programs that include: Ethics Inside® Certification, Compliance Leader Verification™ and Anti-Corruption Program Verification™. More information about Ethisphere can be found at: www.ethisphere.com.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.