Juniper Networks Helps Enterprises Simplify Data Integration to Pinpoint and Prioritize Cyber Threats from any Security Source
Updates to the Juniper Advanced Threat Prevention Appliances leverage third-party firewalls and security data sources to offer enterprises a fast, flexible and automated defense against malicious activity
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Dec. 04, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced new offerings as part of its Juniper Networks® Advanced Threat Prevention (JATP) Appliances, enabling enterprises to detect malware, understand behavior and mitigate threats with just one touch. This solution leverages data from any third-party firewall or security data source, avoiding unnecessary vendor lock-in. Eliminating complex, time-consuming data collection configurations, Juniper is helping security teams improve their organization’s security posture by simplifying and accelerating security operations.
Sixty-four percent of security teams surveyed said that speeding up threat analysis and prioritizing threats with automation would improve their security posture, according to a Juniper Networks and Ponemon Institute study. High volumes of incident data generated by numerous, disparate sources make threat detection and mitigation increasingly difficult. To uncover critical threat behavior, already-understaffed security teams spend significant time analyzing and correlating alerts, ultimately increasing time to remediation. Security teams also face the manual tasks of creating one-off custom integrations to ingest relevant data from these sources.
To address these challenges, Juniper Networks today revealed new capabilities that build upon the open architecture of its unified cybersecurity platform. Now security teams can easily create custom data collectors right in the JATP Appliances platform, enabling the ingestion of threat data from any Juniper or third-party firewall. Leveraging an intuitive user interface without the need for custom code or pre-defined integrations, Juniper is simplifying operations in multi-vendor environments. This new capability introduces easy-to-use customization controls for security analysts to collect, parse and pinpoint specific data without relying on outsourced customizations. It also automatically integrates with the single, comprehensive timeline view offered by the JATP Appliances, streamlining investigation and remediation by bringing the most important threat behavior details to the forefront more quickly. The JATP Appliances provide up to 12x productivity gains over manual processes for malware investigations.
With the continual advancement of its unified cybersecurity platform powered by Software-Defined Secure Networks (SDSN), Juniper helps security teams pinpoint evasive threats hiding deep in the network while showing a temporal view of behavior to stop threats as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Seamless Integration of Security Data from any Network Source: Building upon the platform’s open architecture, the JATP Appliances can now quickly capture, parse and leverage data from all security sources in the network through built-in custom data collectors, eliminating the need for outsourced and time-consuming configurations. Once the dataset is defined, it seamlessly flows into the JATP Appliances threat behavior timeline, empowering security teams to quickly see what happened and when in an intuitive user interface. This new capability supports multiple log format types, including XML, JSON and CSV, and is complementary to existing SIEM functionality.
- Juniper Networks®JATP400 Advanced Threat Prevention Appliance for Distributed Enterprises: As part of Juniper’s continued efforts to provide superior protection from malicious activity, this new on-premises device is the ideal option for security teams that require automated threat prevention capabilities across their distributed enterprise. The JATP400 Appliance works alongside any existing firewall, reducing the need for complex integrations and with the built-in timeline view, security teams are able to mitigate threats with just one touch.
“We have been very pleased with Juniper’s best-in-class unified cybersecurity platform, which has helped protect us against threats more easily and faster than before, mitigating the risk of disruption to our shows, websites and other media sources and protecting our intellectual property. With Juniper’s security platform, we’ve been smarter, leaner and more efficient with our network. We’re looking forward to these new additions to their portfolio and continuing to leverage Juniper’s products to protect our company against a wide range of threats.”
-- Dustin Brandt, director of IT, America’s Test Kitchen
“As a longtime partner of Juniper, we have seen its unified cybersecurity platform continue to grow into the robust security offering it is today. We believe that these newly added JATP400 capabilities will enable our customers, including distributed enterprises, to quickly identify and intuitively fight threats by adding much needed automation to their security portfolio.”
-- Patrick Zanella, Security Practice Lead, Integration Partners
“We are immensely proud of the progress we have made to date with our unified cybersecurity platform and are excited to announce the newest addition to our portfolio, JATP400 Appliance, along with the addition of our latest threat detection capabilities. The new custom data collectors, in particular, will give our customers a fast and flexible way to gain a better view of their network from all angles, using their security data to quickly identify advanced threats directly from the JATP Appliances. We look forward to bringing these new capabilities to enterprises and taking another step toward truly secure networks.”
-- Samantha Madrid, vice president of security business and strategy at Juniper Networks
- Blog: JATP Appliances Deliver One-Touch Solution for Building a Stronger Security Posture
- Juniper Cybersecurity Calculator
- Juniper Threat Labs
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks simplifies the complexities of networking with products, solutions and services in the cloud era to transform the way we connect, work and live. We remove the traditional constraints of networking to enable our customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.