Juniper Networks’ Expanded Portfolio Makes Enterprises Multicloud-Ready
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 15, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today introduced an expanded portfolio of offerings that will bring businesses closer to a secure and automated multicloud environment. Adding to its robust portfolio of data center, campus, branch and cloud networking solutions, Juniper Networks is providing the infrastructure solutions organizations need to become multicloud-ready.
Companies are moving more workloads from on-premises to the cloud to keep up with the need for agility and more flexibility. A recent study conducted by PwC and commissioned by Juniper Networks found that a majority of enterprise workloads currently on-premises are expected to migrate to the public cloud in the next one to three years. As a result, enterprises will need to adopt even greater multicloud strategies as workloads become more distributed across IT environments.
“The promise of multicloud is to deliver an infrastructure that is secure, ubiquitous, reliable and fungible and where the migration of workloads will be a simple and intuitive process,” said Bikash Koley, chief technology officer at Juniper Networks. “For IT to be successful in becoming multicloud-ready, it is critical organizations consider not only the data center and public cloud, but also the on-ramps of their campus and branch networks. Otherwise, enterprises will face fractured security and operations as network boundaries prevent seamless, end-to-end visibility and control.”
To eliminate roadblocks that could prevent enterprises from realizing the multicloud promise, end-to-end security and automation must be integrated throughout all places in the network. Enterprises are currently at different stages in their path toward a secure and automated multicloud architecture. Juniper’s extended offerings across its data center, campus, branch and cloud portfolio are designed to enable enterprises to migrate to a multicloud architecture on their terms, using natural refresh and expansion activities to meet today’s needs, while also ensuring they are multicloud-ready.
For organizations that are refreshing, expanding or consolidating data centers to prepare their IT environments for a secure and automated multicloud, Juniper is introducing new data center solutions, including:
- Universal switch for data center spine, data center edge and DCI: The new QFX10002-60C switch can be flexibly used as a spine or an edge device for data center interconnect (DCI). It features 60x100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) deep-buffer interfaces. Juniper is also adding the QFX5210-64C, a 64x100GbE port spine switch, and the QFX5200-48Y, a 48x25GbE top-of-rack switch, to its portfolio.
- Secure workload transitions with new line cards: The QFX MACsec line card addition to the QFX10000 modular switches provides 30-port 100GbE connectivity for encrypted traffic in and between data centers.
Recognizing that campus networks will play an integral role in mutlicloud security and operations, Juniper is expanding its campus portfolio to include the following solutions:
- Simplified campus management with a single point of control: Juniper Sky™ Enterprise is a cloud management service that enables operators to deploy, configure and manage switching and security devices, reducing change errors by up to 90 percent. With an intuitive and easy-to-use web dashboard, managing campus and branch networks is made simpler. Sky Enterprise also gives network operators visibility into wireless access points using Aerohive Hive Manager NG API integration.
- Multigig and compact core switches: The new EX2300 and EX4300 switches bring multigig interfaces to Juniper’s campus portfolio. The EX4300 multigig switch supports POE++ for new applications and MACsec to enable a secure on-ramp to the cloud. The EX9250 switch is a compact campus core that gives enterprises multiple fabric options by supporting both Junos® Fusion and EVPN-VXLAN.
Juniper’s branch approach supports a diverse set of software functions, while enabling applications and security control that is in sync with the rest of the network. Juniper’s extended branch portfolio prepares the branch for multicloud with the following offerings:
- New network services platform with wireless connectivity: Juniper’s new NFX150 Network Services Platform combines native branch security and hybrid WAN functionality with wireless 4G and LTE connectivity between branches. Built as an extensible platform, it can run third-party virtual network functions (VNFs).
- Contrail SD-WAN with new subscription-based pricing: Juniper’s Contrail SD-WAN solution bundles the SRX Series Services Gateway and the NFX Series with the platform and orchestration software required for multicloud-ready SD-WAN. New subscription pricing bundles provide several physical and virtual endpoint options with secure SD-WAN management.
To securely facilitate the migration of on-premises workloads to the public cloud, Juniper is offering a secure and automated way of establishing connectivity to and within public clouds.
- Secure connectivity to public cloud: Juniper’s secure cloud connectivity solution combines onboarding services with virtual products (vSRX Virtual Firewall or vMX Virtual Router) available in AWS and Azure to automate the setup of secure IPsec connectivity between data center, campus and branch networks and virtual private clouds (VPCs). The solution gives enterprises operational choice with options that include CloudFormation, TerraForm or Ansible playbooks.
All new offerings announced today are powered by the Juniper Networks Junos® operating system, providing users the telemetry, secure programming interfaces and operational tools required to automate across multiple places in the network.
“For multicloud to yield meaningful improvements in enterprise IT, the boundaries that have historically existed between the various places in the network have to come crumbling down. That requires end-to-end security and automated operations across the data center, campus, branch and public cloud. We are bringing the full force of our engineering teams in a bid to simplify networking so that enterprises can migrate from legacy to multicloud-ready and eventually to full multicloud architectures.”
-Michael Bushong, vice president of enterprise and cloud at Juniper Networks
“As our global financial clients move more of their workloads to the cloud, they rely on us to provide industry-leading managed services and agile technology hosting. Our IT infrastructure plays a critical role in our ability to meet our clients’ needs during this digital transformation. We are excited to be working with Juniper Networks to implement our high-performance, low-latency global WAN project, which leverages Juniper’s QFX switches to provide optimized services to our clients and prepare our infrastructure for a multicloud future.”
-Jarrod Yuster, chief executive officer at Pico Trading
“At Cadenza, we work with networks ranging from startups through the Fortune 50. Managing complexity is the #1 challenge all our clients face. We believe Juniper Sky Enterprise is the only cloud networking platform that achieves simplicity without sacrificing functionality. Juniper Sky Enterprise allows our new clients to begin managing their network in minutes while simultaneously extending the reach of our senior engineers to automate complex changes around the globe.”
-Jeremy O’Dette, managing partner at Cadenza
“As enterprises increasingly embrace multicloud environments, they are recognizing the growing importance of intelligent automation and operational simplicity as indispensable contributors to network agility. Furthermore, IDC finds that enterprises also increasingly appreciate the direct correlation between network agility and business agility. With this extension to its product portfolio, Juniper continues its focus on multicloud networking that can provide the operational simplicity that will be essential for the network to become an enabler of business outcomes within the larger context of digital transformation.”
-Brad Casemore, research vice president, datacenter networks at IDC
“For many years, IT’s top priority has been total cost of ownership but that focus has shifted with the rapid migration of business applications to the cloud. As revealed in PwC's survey, security and automation are now C-level and Board of Director discussions on the path to the cloud. We advise our clients to use natural upgrade and expansion events to ensure they are multicloud-ready. We believe solution providers that lay the groundwork to remove complexity and build the multicloud infrastructures needed for organizations will win in the next phase of IT infrastructure.”
-Amit Dhir, Principal, management consulting at PwC Advisory Services
- Simplify Your Path to Multicloud
- Blog: Crossing Tax: Multiplying Complexity in IT by Bikash Koley, chief technology officer at Juniper Networks
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks simplifies the complexities of networking with products, solutions and services in the cloud era to transform the way we connect, work and live. We remove the traditional constraints of networking to enable our customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, product availability, future products and expected performance, and expected benefits of our products to customers are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, incompatibility of technologies, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-K or Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks' general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.